Benefits of a Style #2 Chimney Cap
The Style #2 Chimney Cap shares the same base as the Style #1 Chimney Cap. The lid is what makes this chimney cap. A hip roof lid with or without seams.
- Keeps water from entering the chimney
- Bird and animal protection
- Full coverage protection from the sun and rain
- Craftsmanship Lifetime Warranty
- Our most popular chimney cap
- Fits any chimney top
Chimneys a Style #2 Chimney Cap can be Installed?
Same as the Style #1 Chimney Cap, masonry chimney crowns and stone castable chimney crowns. However it can be installed over top of a chimney chase cover if the spark arrestor fits inside the lid.
Metal Choices for #2 Chimney Caps
MasterCaps makes chimney caps from 24 gauge metal. Metal choices:
- Cold roll steel then powder coated finish
- Color Clad type metal
- Paint Grip
- Stainless Steel
How We Make Chimney Caps
Up to June 2016, for 20 years we have made each part by hand cutting the patterns and for the long cuts we used a big electric shear.
Starting June 2016 we will begin to use a CNC plasma cutter to manufacturer all the parts of the chimney cap patterns. This is important because now we have the ability to fabricate a chimney cap base from one pattern the the screening now being cut into one pattern.
Chimney Cap Installation Procedures
PREFERRED METHOD – Attach wire to the base. Drill hole in the brick or stone (not mortar) for concrete anchor down at least two rows. Wrap wire around anchor and push in the hole. Hammer the anchor until anchor head is flush. Cut off remaining wire left over.
Drill hole in cap skirt to the anchor size. Put chimney cap on chimney. Drill the brick or stone where hole in cap has been drilled. Input anchor from outside the chimney cap skirt to the chimney drilled hole. Hammer the anchor securing the chimney cap to the chimney. Only recommended if chimney is solid as a rock! If not solid the wind will vibrate the anchor out, not securing the chimney cap anymore.
Chimney Cap Options for Style #2
The Style #1 chimney cap has some basic options.
- Leg and Venting Height (screen)
- Windows/Leg- June 2016 window & leg decorative style options
- Colors and Metals – June 2016 powder coating finishes
- Standing seams
- Upgrade to Lid – Style #2 Upgraded Chimney Cap
- Upgrade Lid to – Hayes Bell Chimney Cap or Hayes Chimney Cap
- Coming Summer of 2016 – Upgraded decorative panel pattern overlay on the lid